Guilt free caramel apple bread pudding for dessert this Thanksgiving? Ummm, yes please!
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
13.5 oz can of coconut milk
8 oz coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of chopped apples (about 2 apples)
10 oz of whole wheat bread (little more than half a loaf)
1. To make the caramel, add the coconut milk and coconut sugar to a small saucepan. Stir and once it boils, stir again and lower to a simmer.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the coconut milk and beat together.
3. Add the cinnamon, sea salt and vanilla extract.
4. Next core the apple, peel off the skin and slice into tiny pieces.
5. Add the apples to the egg mixture and make sure they are well coated.
6. Rip up the bread and continue to mix in until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Grease a pan or a stone that has edges with coconut oil.
8. Add the bread pudding and spread it out evenly.
9. Drizzle half of the caramel on top and use a fork to help it seep through.
10. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
11. Once it comes out, let it rest while you stir the remaining caramel. Once you serve it, drizzle that delicious, warm caramel on top! You can even add some ice cream or whipped cream! Mmm.
Like…. all of the noms. I’m not gonna lie, it was very hard to stop eating! But hey, at least it isn’t loaded with refined sugars, heavy cream and butter… right? 🙂