It is SO easy to make Honeycomb! Only 2 ingredients and it will be in your mouth in less than 20 minutes! My Australian chef, Adam, shows us how to do it! It tastes like a toasted marshmallow. No, really! Super delicious if you melt some chocolate and dip the pieces in, or crumble it over ice cream!
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Have the baking soda already measured out and a whisk right next to it!
2. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Gently swish the liquid around using the handle, do NOT mix with a utensil. When the sugar is starting to crystallize up the sides, feel free to use a pastry brush with some water to dissolve. (Watch the video at 45 seconds, because I don’t think I explained that very well, haha!)
3. About 5 minutes in, the sugar should turn a light amber color. Watch it! Because in another minute it will turn a dark color. When it does, turn the heat to low and let it sit for about 10 seconds.
4. Turn the heat off, then immediately whisk in the baking soda until it is completely dissolved. Then, pour onto the parchment paper. Right away! These two steps should be done quickly. I did that part of the video with no editing so you can see it done in real time!
5. Let it sit on the parchment for about 10 minutes until it is hard. DO NOT touch. Boiled sugar will burn you. I’ve done it. I don’t recommend it.
6. Once hard, break into pieces! From there, you can eat plain, or crumble over ice cream, or dip in chocolate!
Let me know if you come up with another idea for honeycomb!
Have a great week,