How could it be that this delicious, sea salt caramel chocolate tart is GUILT FREE?!?!?
Oh, you know. Chef Stef magic 😉
13.5 oz coconut milk
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 and 1/2 cups almonds, ground
pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 oz dark chocolate
4 tablespoons coconut milk
1. Add the coconut milk and coconut palm sugar to a pot. Stir together and bring to a boil. Make sure you watch it so it doesn’t boil over!! Stir again and then let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
2. Now let’s work on the crust. Beat one egg and mix in the almond flour. You can save money and make your own by grinding up whole almonds. Add the coconut oil and the sea salt, then mix together until well combined. Press into a pie dish or any round baking dish you have.
3. Remember to stir your caramel every once in a while!
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Once it comes out, let it cool for 10 minutes before you pour in about one cup of caramel. Place in your fridge for as little as 30 minutes – or can also do overnight!
5. When that’s ready, you can start working on the chocolate ganache part. Melt the coconut milk, If you don’t have a double boiler, you can do a makeshift one like I did! Add in the chocolate and stir. It will only take less than a minute to melt and turn into the ganache so don’t walk away from it.
6. Take the dish out of the fridge and then pour the chocolate on top. Spread it around to make an even layer. Place back in your fridge until the chocolate is hardened and you’re ready to serve! The easiest way to cut through the chocolate on this bad boy is by running your knife under hot water first, wipe off the water, then slice. Easy as pie! Ha! Get it?
7. Drizzle any leftover caramel on the slices so it looks all super fancy 😉
Enjoy!!! PLEASE let me know if you try it out!! Send me a pic to one of my social medias!!