This is my spring spin on banana bread! In preparation of my uncle Andrew’s birthday, I asked what his favorite flavor combo is. I was having a craving to make banana bread and when he said his favorite combo was chocolate raspberry — BOOM! This idea hit me. 🙂 The bread is so moist and absolutely delicious! Simple to prepare and you’ll only have one bowl to clean! Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
4 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the mashed bananas and eggs. Add the vanilla and give it one more quick mix.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add in to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Wash the raspberries and pull them in half. You can cut them if you choose, but I thought pulling them apart was just faster. Gently, fold the raspberries and chocolate chips into the batter.
5. Grease a loaf pan with butter or baking spray. Add your mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Check on it halfway through and if the top is getting too brown for your taste, just place a piece of tin foil over the top of the bread!
I know this will be a true test of patience… but wait until the bread is completely cool before taking out of the pan and slicing!