I think stuffed shells deserve more credit. They are so easy to make and absolutely delicious! As soon as I tried one after making it the first time, I immediately said, “wow, this is special.” They really are! Easy and absolutely delicious. The spinach and ricotta filling is just divine. Enjoy!
1 tbls olive oil
4 oz raw spinach
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz ricotta cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
20 oz tomato sauce
Fresh basil (optional)
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Hardly any preparation. The majority of the time it took was the fact that it had to cook 40 minutes. These ingredients will make 14 shells, which is more than enough for two people. If you’re serving more, just double the recipe!
1. Boil water for the pasta shells. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Do not cook all the way, because the will continue to cook in the oven!
2. In the meantime, sauté the spinach. Once it has wilted, place in a colander and press out any excess liquid. Spinach is a very watery vegetable!
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add the mozzarella, ricotta, spinach, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
4. Place about half of the sauce at the bottom of a small, shallow baking dish.
5. By now, the pasta should be ready. Drain the water and get ready for the fun part of stuffing the shells!
6. Stuff the shells with the mixture. Place in the baking dish. Add some more sauce and mozzarella to the top. Cover with tin foil and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then, uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
7. Place on a serving plate and add fresh basil, cracked black pepper and parmesan cheese.
Great for Valentine’s Day!!
Send some pictures!! Enjoy.