No, really. All made in one pot. I swear! SO SIMPLE to make, either for a whole family or just yourself. Prepared and in your mouth in 20 minutes. SO creamy and delicious, you’re going to love this.
For the chicken:
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ yellow onion
1 pound chicken breast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley
For the pasta:
1 pound uncooked pasta
2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- To prepare your ingredients, chop the parsley. Then dice the onion and cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Saute the onions until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and cook for a few minutes until there is no more pink on the outside. (If the inside is not fully cooked, that’s okay, it will continue to cook with the pasta.)
- Add the pasta, water, chicken broth, salt, nutmeg and pumpkin. Mix together. Bring to a boil and cover. Let this cook on medium heat until the pasta has absorbed all of the liquid and has turned into a nice creamy sauce, about 10-12 minutes. As the sauce thickens, be sure to stir every few minutes so it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. (If it is too creamy for your liking, you can stir in more water, ¼ cup at a time.)
- Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley, cracked black pepper and parmesan cheese.
Ways to vary the recipe:
- Make it vegetarian by leaving out the chicken. You can also add spinach. (!)
- If you would like less of a pumpkin flavor, add only 1 cup of pumpkin puree. You can also change the 2 cups of water to 2 cups of chicken broth for a total of 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Make it spicy by adding red pepper flakes and more black pepper.
Seriously, you’re going to LOVE this. Let me know when you try it! Send me a pic!
Have a great week!