Oh, fall, how I love you. There’s nothing better than pumpkin desserts at this time of year!!
This amazing recipe came from my dad. He’s a sucker for pumpkin, too! This is a foolproof recipe. If you know how to turn on a beater, throw something in the oven and spread frosting on top of a cake, you’re golden!
Seems like a lot of ingredients, but I bet you already have most of these:
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups pumpkin
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tbls softened butter
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
Here are the incredibly ridiculously simple steps:
1. Mix the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and pumpkin.
2. Add the baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix.
3. Mix in the flour, a little at a time.
4. Coat a 9×13 (or 11×17 if you want them thinner) inch pan with vegetable oil or butter. Pour in the batter. Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center and it’s ready when it comes out clean!
5. To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla.
6. A little at a time, beat in the confectioner’s sugar.
7. When the cake is totally cool, frost it! You can sprinkle with cinnamon on top to make it look all fancy.
Send me pics when you make them!! Have a great weekend…